Fox News: Ted Cruz grills Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey for 'censoring' Hunter Biden story

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Oct 28 16:15:13 PDT 2020

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 09:58:36PM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> Fox News: Ted Cruz grills Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey for 'censoring' Hunter Biden story.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhg4dtuhvNk
> Jim Bell's comment:. Twitter does a 'belly-flop' into the pool of MSM bias.

Nice grill.  The quote is worth dishing out - Cruz and some good portion
of team Red are evidently able to speak plainly.  Trump showed the world
that people appreciate that, and will vote for that.

   Cruz asked Dorsey if he has the ability to influence elections, to
   which Dorsey replied "no"... an answer which Cruz slammed as
   "absurd."

      CRUZ: "Does Twitter have the ability to influence elections?"

      DORSEY: "No"

      CRUZ: "If you don't think you have the power to influence
      elections, why do you block anything?" pic.twitter.com/6N21uxDvjw
      — Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) October 28, 2020

   Dorsey - very calm - responds to Cruz: "We realize we need to earn
   trust more. We realize more accountability is needed."

   Toward the end of the back and forth, Cruz laid into Dorsey: "Who the
   hell elected you and put you in charge of what the media are allowed
   to report and what the American people are allowed to hear?"

      “Mr. Dorsey, who the hell elected you?” Ted Cruz says.

      “We realize we need to earn trust more. We realize more
      accountability is needed," Jack Dorsey responds.

      Twitter shares taking a hit after that round of questioning
      📉https://t.co/YVXYzGhOZo pic.twitter.com/4TLDsgHZ8U
      — Bloomberg Technology (@technology) October 28, 2020

   Though Dorsey kept his cool, Cruz's aggressive rebuke certainly
   rattled the tech CEO.

Found here:

   Dorsey Admits To Mob-Driven Censorship On Twitter During Heated
   Section 230 Hearing
   https://www.zerohedge.com/political/watch-live-ceos-facebook-twitter-google-set-be-grilled-senate-hearing

I would add that Trump's call to repeal Section 230, is the "right"
call, since artificial legislative protection is part of what enables
these monopolies to become monopolies, AND evidently enables them to
become election inerferers, which is a fancy way of saying "threats to
freedom of speech".

De-central tech does not (should not, if the tech is not compromised)
have this censorship problem OR any need for the "we're not a publishing
house" statute "protection".

If these mega corps want "230 like protection" they ought have to make
that claim in any and every court case against them - then they have to
actually prove, in the face of the right of the claimant against them,
that they are NOT engaged in any censorship - which would not be
possible given present facts.

Section 230 IS enabling them, and OUGHT be repealed.