Trump: "I can't help some [Republican senate candidates]" "You lose your soul if you do" -- USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 16:42:41 PDT 2020

> https://sputniknews.com/us/202010251080872004-senate-is-very-tough-trump-doubts-republicans-will-keep-majority-in-upper-chamber-us-media-says/

Right now they're obviously too politically valuable to name.

Trump does like to talk, TV, and books, expect
some interesting future commentary on this
whenever he returns to public sector.

> One reason for the poor showing of the Republicans during the 2018 election,
> I have no doubt at all, was because of this amazing lack of prosecutions!

See any list of political blunders in all of history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions

> Why should Trump's fans be encouraged by an
> almost complete failure to go after obvious criminality, even after two
> years, let alone four years, after having taken office?

Probably hard to do with an entire swamp full of government
around getting nice government paychecks, donations,
revolving door deals, etc. Swamp of lawyers will never
prosecute their own unless they can cleanly benefit.
Seems remarkable Trump can even get open war phrases like
"Drain the Swamp" past the swamp out onto the airwaves,
putting that meme out there is a combination of needed,
bold, and risky. Voters may see the Russia / Impeachment
thing as being over, thus willing to back renewed draining effort.
Not like they have anything else to back except for...

Too bad the censurious swamp also keeps Libertarian
ideas out of halls of politics... they seem only able to
sneak in via Republican ticket, obvious synergy there.

Funding from crypto-libertarian early holders should
be expected increase that presence as price steadily
moves toward $50k over next 4 years, freeing up more
smaller holders to make such discretionary investments.