USA 2020 Elections: Thread

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 00:38:29 PDT 2020

 On Friday, October 23, 2020, 08:37:30 PM PDT, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 10/22/20, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Biden Crime Family

https://www.baldingsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/KVBJHB.pdf
https://www.baldingsworld.com/2020/10/22/report-on-biden-activities-with-china/

Report on Biden Activities with China
Posted on October 22, 2020

[snip]

>According to Hunter’s attorney, he did not invest his $400,000 in the
company until 2017. Even assuming the veracity of this statement, this
raises a major problem. Founded in 2013, the firm had large amounts of
revenue and assets under management by 2017. In other words, his
$400,000 stake would have already been worth far more than what he
paid for it. This paltry $400,000 investment worth more than $50
million now would have realized a gain of more than 12,400% in three
years.

Jim Bell's comment:I seem to recall that Bill and Hillary Clinton had a similar thing going on, a $1,000 investment that turned into $100,000 relatively shortly.  I just found this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_cattle_futures_controversy

My vague understanding about 'futures' and/or 'options' is that it is easy to fake gains in order to give somebody something.    I think the idea is that a broker makes two 'opposite'  futures transactions, in a trade that is supposed to change value greatly.  It doesn't matter in which direction the commodity goes, one side wins big, the other side loses big.  The 'bribee' gets the winning side, after the fact, and the 'briber' owns the losing side.   This allows the briber to make the bribe, but isolates the two sides so it isn't apparent who is paying off.
>From Wikipedia:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_cattle_futures_controversy
"Likelihood of results[edit]

Various publications sought to analyze the likelihood of Clinton's successful results. Clinton made her money by betting mostly on a market downturn at a time when cattle prices actually doubled.[13] The editor of the Journal of Futures Markets said in April 1994, "This is like buying ice skates one day and entering the Olympics a day later. She took some extraordinary risks."[3] Her activities involved exposure to losses that could have been greater than her family's net worth if the market had turned sharply against her.[14] The former head of the IRS chief counsel’s Commodities Industry Specialization Team expressed skepticism that a novice trader could make such a return.[15] One analysis performed by Auburn University and published in the Journal of Economics and Finance claimed to find that the odds of a return as large as Clinton obtained during the period in question were about one in 31 trillion.[16][17][18]   "

                  Jim Bell