"That's a colossal ethical failure" - Jordan Peterson returns -- Re: Censorship: Instagram (Facebook) Bans Qanon, Lets ISIS Freepost

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 10:34:11 PDT 2020

  https://sputniknews.com/us/202010211080834168-netizens-slam-facebooks-woke-police-for-banning-babylon-bee-satire-on-grilling-of-judge-barrett/

>      Last Wednesday, the news satire website Babylon Bee ran a story with the
      headline, "Senator Hirono Demands ACB Be Weighed Against A Duck To See If
      She Is A Witch," in reference to the grilling Judge Amy Coney Barrett
      faced from a Hawaii senator, who asked the judge if she had ever
      "sexually assaulted" anyone.

>      Facebook has removed an article published by the conservative satirical
      site The Babylon Bee, mocking the grilling that Supreme Court nominee
      Judge Amy Coney Barrett came under from Hawaii's Democratic Senator Mazie
      Hirono during last week's confirmation hearing.

 >     Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon slammed the decision by the social media
      giant, revealing on Twitter the heated debate the satirical piece had
      triggered.

>         So after a manual review, Facebook says they stand by their decision
        to pull down this article and demonetize our page. I'm not kidding.
        They say this article "incites violence." It's literally a
        regurgitated joke from a Monty Python movie!
                — Seth Dillon (@SethDillon) October 20, 2020
                https://t.co/U9B6tTOj6N

While it may seem obvious to many of us, I think we should explicitly identify "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" as the movie this joke comes from.  There aren't as many advantages to being "old" as I'd like, but one key one is that we've heard and seen A LOT.   Which is great, as long as we've still got a good memory to go with it.
My memory used to be truly astounding, but then Amy Coney Barrett turned me into a newt.   But I got better...
                        Jim Bell