shills

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Oct 15 17:08:56 PDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 08:33:53PM -0300, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:25:31 +1000
> jamesd at echeque.com wrote:
>
> > On 2020-10-16 05:40, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:

> > > 	You already subjected me to one such test. You should check the archives...
> >
> > You did not pass the shill test,
>
> 	LMAO!

FWIW, I agree with you (Juan) that you are not a shill.

Your style of response sometimes gets in the way of others hearing your actual arguments sometimes though... and sometimes it therefore unfortunately becomes too easy for others to really get you wrong.  That said, especially in the last year or so, your communication clarity appears to have really picked up, so "doing well" on that front.

> > but when I fisk your answer, the list server rejects the reply as spam.
>
> 	I don't know. There are 3 replies from you in the archive
>
> 	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2020-October/082973.html
> 	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2020-October/082972.html
> 	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2020-October/082974.html
>

> > And the libertarian position on freedom of association?
>

> 	'freedom of association' is a code word used by white-supremacist-trash.

Juan, this position you take needs to be unpacked - I (and presumably others) are having a hard time understanding what you could be saying that we could agree with.  You see, "white supremacist" has been created by APAC/SPLC etc as an ad hominem, and so unfortunately has therefore lost most of its utility --except-- as an ad hominem attack, so when you use that term, folks don't hear what your real position is, they just hear your use of an ad hom.

"Freedom of association" as a principle is absolutely fundamental - a basic human right.  In South Australia (next to Victoria), they tried to use "bikie crime" to legislate against the freedom of association, which became so farcical that a bikie defendant was in court, to give his defence, because he was ordered by the court with a Summons to appear, and he was marched out of the court by the police before he could give his defence due to violation of the recently passed "anti bikie, actually anti freedom of association" statute law!

This was funny, but an incredibly bad attack on one of our fundamental freedoms.

Fortunately we had a contact with that bikie gang, spoke with a higher up, got them to write down the basic Australian Constitution-al defence, and in their appeal to the High Court of Australia they won.

Just imagine what it would be like being classified a dissident ("domestic terrorist" in today's Orwellian language) and not being able to associate with anyone you know, only being allowed to go to the shops for food?

>   But since you're not replying to anything I said because of 'spam' (LMAO!!!) I won't bother elaborating further.
>
> 	Thing is, according to the 'shill test', I'm anything but a shill. You, an official trumpobot on the other hand...

Come on Juan, Marxos takes a lot of positions and brings a lot of nuance.  Surely you can find something he says that you can agree with?

At least a little bit of agreement on any topic, may be a possible ground for useful discussion rather than ad homs and blanket negates...