Part 2: Cryptography vs. Big Brother: How Math Became a Weapon Against Tyranny - YouTube

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 15 16:04:50 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-16 05:43, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:40:35 -0400
> Robert Hettinga <hettinga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Part 2. Two more to go...
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=n4qonsvSgAg&app=desktop
>>

> 	So speaking of NSA shills, that's exactly the sort of thing I would expect from one. The promotin of the idea that 'crypto' is a weapon against tyranny when in practice it serves the tyrants a lot more than it serves their victims.
>
> 	Cryptography is what allows big brother to control all of their big brother backdoored hardware, for instance.

Crypto is a munition.  You want to deny us weapons, but do not want the
government denied weapons.

Which is the position of every NSA shill whenever a committee gets
together to construct a cryptographic standard.

StrongSwan uses NSA approved standards.  Wireguard uses no NSA
standards, relying instead entirely on standards approved by Jon Callas
as unelected president for life of symmetric cryptography and Daniel
Bernstein as God King of asymmetric cryptography.

So, do you oppose us using Wireguard to avoid exposing ips associated
with the physical address where the state can find people to beat up?