[At-Risk Shares] Enumeration of Reasons to Leave Github

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 15 03:12:56 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-15 16:16, jamesd at echeque.com wrote:
> All these solutions are built around git.
>
> Git is fully decentralized.
>
> So just share a git repository using git-daemon, gitosis, or a guest
> account with git-shell instead of the normal shell, and call it a day.

I neglected to list the best option of them all:
[gitolite](https://gitolite.com/gitolite/)

Gitolite allows you to easily make your repository anonymous world
readable, and easily add
people identified by their ssh public key and the filename of the file
containing their public
key write capability to certain branches and not others.

So, you give everyone working on the project their set of branches on
your repository,
and they can do the same on their repositories.