Tor, the pentagon's cyberweapon

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Tue Oct 13 13:06:00 PDT 2020

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 15:39:34 -0400
Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/20, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
> > 	The information is  unknown to the vast majority of tor users, including
> > all the tor users who use tor in 'dark markets' and end up in jail.
>
> That's important information.  You spew a lot of hard to believe
> extreme interpretations, do you have a link or personal story to back
> this up?

	if people knew that tor is a scam they wouldn't use it. That's my 'interpretation'. I guess your 'interpretation' is that everybody knows that tor is shit and they still use it? Because they like to die in jail for selling drugs, like ross ulbricht?

	also, majority of people know little about computers, let alone a highly specialized topic like 'anonymity networks'. Last but not least, sounds as if you never talked to any tor pusher? This list had/has a few of them...

	anyway, if you want to make something that actually works, don't bother with tor's source but start with the 'conceptual' design. Notice that one of tor's core 'features' is a handful of 'directory authorities' (owned by the pentagon of course) - but even if the handful of servers that control the network would not be owned by the enemy, they would still be problematic.