Trying to Connect with a Hacker Online

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Oct 12 13:45:22 PDT 2020

Karl wrote:

> Also attached to resolve pasting corruption.  Document includes only
> through the ---- armor.
> As it says inside the document, signature is calculated with tail -n
> +4 | head -n -8 | sha512sum .
>
> -----BEGIN NaCl SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> sha512sum

Most interesting with what you came up with, because my MUA saves then
your message as it should be. However, unfortunately the included hash
does not match. :-(

BTW. are you aware that the NaCl crypto library has also a sign function?

It would then require a second key, same as with GnuPG, but maybe also
worth to explore, because you are a programmer.

Here is a sample implementation in Golang, which unfortunately writes
the signature as binary instead of (base64) ASCII.

https://github.com/UNO-SOFT/signify-nacl

Regards
Stefan

--
NaClbox: cc5c5f846c661343745772156a7751a5eb34d3e83d84b7d6884e507e105fd675
  The computer helps us to solve problems, we did not have without him.