Divisive News Screws Over The Community - [PEACE]

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:57:40 PDT 2020

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-election-russia-disinformation/exclusive-russian-operation-masqueraded-as-right-wing-news-site-to-target-u-s-voters-sources-idUSKBN26M5OP

A senior U.S. security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity
because they were not authorised to speak to the press, said Russian
operatives were increasingly recruiting “unwitting Americans” to write
articles and post online.

<snip>

One of the writers, who asked not to be named publicly, said they had been
working for NAEBC for the last month with no knowledge of its Russian
backing.

Emails seen by Reuters show the website operated much like its left-wing
counterpart, Peace Data. Writers were paid from $50 to $75 per an article,
and money was sent promptly via online transfer.