[manipulative] [confusing] [deniable] [aislavery] [politics] Pardon me, I have to go to the little robot's room

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:56:30 PST 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, November 30, 2020 9:46 PM, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone with your username spoke with me when I came onto a tor-themed irc chat six or so years ago. I was probably wildly asking for help.
>
> Do you know if there is a log of that conversation preserved?

i used the nickname coderman_ (with underscore) on irc.oftc.net. i would often be in #tor, #nottor, #tails, and other Tor related channels. i can still auth that username, if you care, and if services hasn't purged my account for inactivity :P

there is likely no long of the conversations, however. while IRC is definitely not *private*, it's also not inherently archived and indexed. (a feature? :)

the persistence and visibility of email, even mailing lists, leads to a different style of communication. like you see here. pick your mediums as wisely as you pick your peers! *grin*

best regards,