The evil that jamesDid

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 21 21:44:14 PST 2020

Friends, anarchists, cypherpunks, lend me your ears;

I come to bury Mongo, not to praise him.

The evil that men do lives after them;

The good is oft interred with their bones;

So let it be with Mong. The noble Jamesd

Hath told you Mongo was ambitious:

If it were so, it was a greasy fault,

And greasily hath Mongo answer’d it.

Here, under leave of jamesd and the rest–

For jamesd is an honourable man;

So are they all, all honourable men–

Come I to speak in Mongo’s funeral.

He was my friend, faithful and just to me:

But Jimmy D says he was ambitious;

And D is an honourable man.

He hath brought many captives home to Wome

Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:

Did this in Mongo seem ambitious?

When that the poor have cried, Mong hath wept:

Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:

Yet  DeeDee says he was ambitious;

And Dildo is an honourable man.

You all did see that on the Lupercal

I thrice presented him a kingly crown,

Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?

Yet Dogshit says he was ambitious;

And, sure, he is an honourable man.

I speak not to disprove what jamesD spoke,

But here I am to speak what I do know.

You all did love him once, not without cause:

What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?

O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,

And men have lost their REASON. Bear with me;

My heart is in the coffin there with Mong,

And I must pause till it come back to me.