Cryptocurrency: Decrypt: Competition Bitcoin Quantum Computers, PQChat

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Nov 21 15:18:28 PST 2020

On 2020-11-19 08:36, Steven Schear wrote:
> I contributed to a 2013 paper that attempted to address some of BTC's then
> known shortcomings, including the blockchain length but the our suggestions
> got no attention by the core developers.

Could you give us a link to that paper.

Now we face different, and perhaps more serious problems, that have
ensued as a result of scaling problems, miner concentration, and
blockchain analysis.

To scale, a cryptocurrency needs a lightning layer, but something smells
mighty funny about bitcoin's current lightning layer, and I cannot find
in the documents lucid information as to how it deals with byzantine
failure, such as playing out of date gateway transactions, or failure of
a set gateway transactions to add up to a full circle transaction on the
lightning layer.

Looks to me that security on the supposed lightning layer comes not from
acid protocols, but from some semi hidden central administration.