of elephants and men, and scumbags

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Nov 17 00:14:43 PST 2020

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 10:14:58AM -0800, Razer wrote:
> On November 18, 2018 2:09:47 PM PST, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> >On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 10:08:49AM -0800, Razer wrote:
> >>  "This is dedicated to the people in the building above me who
> >>  called the cops on me when I was just trying to get some money to
> >>  feed my daughter." ~Karl Marx, Dedication, Communist Manifesto.

That purported dedication by Marx struck a bell when I first read it.

Still does.

I've hunted around again, still can't find if it's apocryphal or factual.  If anyone finds a more concrete reference, any link would be appreciated.

Best I found was this:

  Manuscript of Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto
  https://socialhistoryportal.org/museum/6671

    .. The only remaining manuscript page of The Communist Manifesto,
    written by Karl Marx in 1847. The handwriting is almost illegible.
    This text ends with the famous phrases 'The proletarians have
    nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Working
    men of all countries, unite!'
    manuscript
    Germany
    1847