For all those who can't handle the anarchic internet

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:24:37 PST 2020

On 11/16/20, jamesd at echeque.com <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:

>> On 11/16/20, jamesd at echeque.com <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
>>> Good people have to exclude bad people, because if they do not, they
>
> On 2020-11-17 01:54, Karl wrote:
>> Those aren't good people!  They're randomly blaming these other people
>> for things that happened near them.
>
> Observe what happened to open source projects when they adopted a code
> of conduct.

Open source projects are all targeted.

> Whites had to flee Detroit because blacks were burning their homes down
> around their ears while police stood around like potted palms.

The mob bosses set up orders for the police to create conflict between
those two groups, pretty reliably.

> If you let bad people in, they will drive out at the good people, and we
> can see them driving out the good people.  Peoples homes in Detroit did

The driving out happens, I just refuse to hold in me that anyone bad
exists. Doing it makes you do things that result in others calling you
'bad'.

> not spontaneously catch fire. Similarly, if you have been following the
> Debian drama.  Those bad things did not "just happen near" the good
> people.  Bad people did bad things to good people.

Some people even identify as being bad people.  It means they need rescuing.