Acting US Def.Sec: "All wars MUST END" -- USA 2020 Elections: Thread

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Nov 15 01:31:10 PST 2020

   'All wars MUST END': Trump's new acting defense secretary signals
   withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan
   https://www.rt.com/usa/506746-miller-afghanistan-withdrawal/

      Acting US Defense Secretary Christopher Miller is apparently
      preparing to withdraw troops from Afghanistan, saying the
      conflict "isn't over," but adding that "all wars must end."

      “This is the critical phase in which we transition our efforts
      from a leadership to supporting role,” Miller said on Friday in a
      letter to all Department of Defense employees. “We are not a
      people of perpetual war. It is the antithesis of everything for
      which we stand and for which our ancestors fought. All wars must
      end.”

         JUST RELEASED from the acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller:
         pic.twitter.com/k9VxNTwjb1
            — Kristina Wong 🇺🇸 (@kristina_wong) November 14, 2020

      The letter came just four days after President Donald Trump fired
      Defense Secretary Mark Esper and replaced him with Miller, who was
      previously director of the National Counterterrorism Center.
      Miller was among four Trump loyalists who replaced top civilian
      officials at the Pentagon on Monday, just two days after
      mainstream media outlets declared Democrat Joe Biden the winner of
      the November 3 election.