Censorship: Oligarch Media+Social - 2020s Censors More Dangerous Than Anything

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 14:30:06 PST 2020

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020, 3:38 AM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://off-guardian.org/2020/11/08/censoring-donald-trump-is-more-dangerous-to-democracy-than-anything-he-could-ever-say/
>
> https://justthenews.com/nation/technology/facebook-deletes-stop-steal-group-enforces-emergency-limiting-protocols-post
>
> https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/msnbc-stopped-airing-trump-false-victory-speech-after-35-seconds-calling-it-dangerous-while-other-networks-aired-all-15-minutes-of-it/articleshow/79084124.cms
>
> Oligarchs and social media giants are now claiming a monopoly on “the
> truth”, that should worry everyone...

Offering alternatives is crucial, and this criticism without providing them
opens danger that a worse alternative can rise, instead of a better one.
The last biggest social network alternatives I was aware of were
https://joinmastodon.org and https://matrix.org .  There's also
https://wikinews.org .