Censorship: Oligarch Media+Social - 2020s Censors More Dangerous Than Anything

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Nov 13 14:14:39 PST 2020

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 04:53:17PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> https://summit.news/2020/11/13/video-are-phone-networks-now-censoring-links-about-election-fraud/
> https://summit.news/2020/08/11/comcast-bans-laura-loomer-from-sending-texts-emails-to-voters/
> https://mobile.twitter.com/atma_shanti/status/1327040139613196288
>
> Telecom networks may be censoring SMS and
> other telephony based network elements.

Common experience in Oz is delayed delivery - "not quite" shadow banning, but introducing problems.

And then sometimes also failure to deliver (censorship, or rather interruption of communication, since it's only between 2 people.

Then the actual shadow banning and actual censorship, certain Android URLs (on election fraud in the US at the moment) and more, and we no longer have ubiquitous monitoring, but ubiquitous censoship/ manipulation.

Remeber this, again: no matter how "good" our next round of overlay chat apps are, they will simply be banned by Google and Apple's "play stores"!

Without an absolutely committed mission to free ourselves from these walled gardens of censorship, we continue to delude ourselves.

Transition can be profitable.

Let's continue to work towards a sane future.