How Do We Escape Computer Controlled Propaganda Flow

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:50:51 PST 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 5:37 PM \0xDynamite <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Really?  I know how to find philes I want -- if I need them.  Do you?
> >
> >         what files are you talking about?  the_bible.pdf?
>
> Lolz, that one's legal to copy, for the most part.  Why did you make a
> personal attack?  Are you unable to use reason alone?

personal attacks is how punk-stasi is most free to communicate.  i
don't believe they are meant personally.

> > > Geez man, can't you pick up on it when someone's trying to teach you something?
> > >
> > > Anonymity and accountability are two contrary aims.  If you want one,
> > > you don't get the other.  Get it?
> >
> >         dude. What do you think you're teaching me, exactly? *I* pointed out *first* that 'accountable' voting and anonimity are at odds. Learn 2 read.
>
> Regardless of your anarchist philosophy, you seek leaders.  Perhaps
> because deep in your DNA you know these questions were already
> answered.  So, if you have leaders, you'll want accountability.

you can even have accountability without leaders!

re: anonymity: for example we could reduce the network time allocated
to behaviors that result in harm to a consensus algorithm, challenging
people who desire to transmit such traffic, to support efforts to
improve that algorithm in some way.

> > > No, contrary to your anarcho-punk philosophy, all power is not held in
> > > politics.  Much of the hardware is controlled by base economic forces
> > > of simply wanting to get money.
> >
> >         all of the hardware is manufactured by corporations that are just arms of the government. So like I said, at the root there's only political power.
>
> Corps are not just arms of the government, unless you want to talk
> about octopus-type arms of the all-seeing-eye.  In the octopus, each
> arm is an individual and acts separately, but they share at least some
> common desire or core.  It could be survival in the case of America,
> at this point.

to add some third viewpoint, some people describe strong coercive
power as 'the real government'