How Do We Escape Computer Controlled Propaganda Flow

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:46:04 PST 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 5:33 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 15:24:30 -0500
> Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 2:38 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
>
> > >         you need to identify people to make 'votes unalterable' - the very opposite of anonimity.
> >
> > I see you expressing some of the things you usually express.  I don't
> > believe your assumption here is true: you can make votes unalterable
> > and not identify people.  I'm not a cryptographer.
>

>         even if there's some crypto trick to do something that looks kinda anonymous, you still have to identify which people are 'authorized' to vote. Authority being of course the keyword here. In reality voting is a wholly statist mechanism that takes for granted the 'authority' of the state or other mafia and the absurd idea that mob majority rule has any legitimacy at all.

Here, realize that voting is a crude analogy for _actual real
communication where we make decisions together_ omigod.

>         If we want to fix the current political problems it may be a good idea to first identify them.
>

> > >         'underground' network using broadcast radio and NSA hardware? And what would you do with your 'underground' network anyway? Use it to talk to government agents?
>

> > Obviously, the answer is to finally talk with people who aren't  government agents.
>
>         Yeah, but how do you know who is an agent in an 'underground' and (hopefully) anonymous network?

wasn't my joke funny?  my joke was so funny!  it was funny because we
can't talk about it =( so jokes are the only way =(  this is also a
half-joke =)

>         Anyway, an actually anonymous network may weaken the power of govcorp somewhat but it's hardly a panacea. And what I was getting at is that writing programs is pointless if people don't use the programs. So even if you had a working design for say an anonymous network, it woud still have to be 'deployed', which is something the users themselves would have to do. Which in turn requires the users to be aware of various technical and political issues, et cetera.

any mobile app business can relate that it is easy to get people to
run a program, and any blockchain developer can tell you that it is
easy to get them to keep doing it.

random idea from thousands:
app #1: "how to have fun sniffing your friends network traffic, seeing
and altering their secret conversations.  btw pay us $5 if you don't
want your friends messages randomly altered to alert that you are
watching them, with helpful information on community project app #2"
app #2: "cool anonymity network!  nobody can see you chat!"