GnuPG 'Lottery' - 'fun' with 256 bit keys

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:44:14 PST 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 9:21 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I'm just an exotic troll, but I wanted to share with you that I
> > > believe it is dangerous to reveal your legal name.  I believe we need
> snip
> > >
> > > What are your thoughts?
> >
> > Well, my thoughts are (I remember the old Usenet days when cypherpunks
> > used all their real names) if I would start to use now a pseudonym 3rd parties,
> > trained in that area, could easily identify me with the help of software, when
> > collecting threads from various places where cypherpunks, activists etc.
> > post on public places. And in case I would start now (here) under another
> > identity it would be super hard for me to write under a second persona.
>
> Your story of those tools is so interesting.  I'm curious if such
> tools are publically available for less skilled developers to use in
> identifying the people messing with their communities.

Sorry, I don't know. I only read about it a while ago that such projects exists
in the EU and that in the United States, for example, companies exists
who train law enforcement etc. in such areas.

> > But in general you are right, people should do that and public places like
> > Mailing Lists should also support injecting messages, via whitelisted
> > anonymous Remailers.
>
> Is there a good place to go to find quick introductions to such things?

If you Google for Mixmaster Remailer it should show some results and
to find out about it's successor YAMN you may check out GitHub.
Mixmaster4096 can be found on GitHub too.

Mixmaster (the old version) was also part of Linux distributions, but
recently Debian removed it, IIRC.

Regards
Stefan