GnuPG 'Lottery' - 'fun' with 256 bit keys

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:21:11 PST 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 4:08 PM Stefan Claas
<spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 8:54 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I made an ascii private key once and sent money to it.  The money was
> > withdrawn by someone else instantly.
>
> I also read recently that pretty high BTC funds 'changed' it's owner.

Is it safe to ask Steve what cypherpunks might think the implications
of this are?  It would really help relate around an important thing,
but could reveal possibly-high-stakes skill-related beliefs.

> > Hi Stefan Class,
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM Stefan Claas
> > <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Regards
> > > Stefan
> >
> > I'm just an exotic troll, but I wanted to share with you that I
> > believe it is dangerous to reveal your legal name.  I believe we need
snip

> > What are your thoughts?
>
> Well, my thoughts are (I remember the old Usenet days when cypherpunks
> used all their real names) if I would start to use now a pseudonym 3rd parties,
> trained in that area, could easily identify me with the help of software, when
> collecting threads from various places where cypherpunks, activists etc.
> post on public places. And in case I would start now (here) under another
> identity it would be super hard for me to write under a second persona.

Your story of those tools is so interesting.  I'm curious if such
tools are publically available for less skilled developers to use in
identifying the people messing with their communities.

I'm also struggling to use a different name, but maybe for different
reasons than you if it relates to an established reputation.  I can
report that it is easier, as a new person, to use an alternate name if
doing so is modeled as normal by the people already present.

> But in general you are right, people should do that and public places like
> Mailing Lists should also support injecting messages, via whitelisted
> anonymous Remailers.

Is there a good place to go to find quick introductions to such things?