How Do We Escape Computer Controlled Propaganda Flow

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:32:19 PST 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 2:20 PM \0xDynamite <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

> > if you wanted to get really sneaky, i suppose you could record
> > emissions from some other device, play them back at a high sample
> > rate, and encode your information in 'normal' variations in their
> > behavior.
>
> How do you even "record" a radio transmission?  I mean, without
> converting into the visible spectrum first, which by the way just
> shows that the visible spectrum just can't be the same as the EM
> spectrum.   It must be orthogonal to it.

You can make an iq log with gnuradio or pothos.  The featureset for it
might be a little buggy, but it should be easy to shore up.  You
basically get a stereo audio file at an unimaginably high sample rate.

Then we get to separate the signal out from the other things in the
recording, so as to reproduce it.

The bandwidth (range of high and low frequencies) of radio signals is
far beyond that of any normal receiver, too, so you may need multiple
receivers or to record the signal many times, (or ideally to learn
radio engineering and join up with folks making open source sdrs).

The latest post to rtl-sdr.com is about recording airplane radio
transmissions to identify the craft based on its transmission hardware
quirks, which is a beautiful thing to see:
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rf-fingerprinting-ads-b-signals-for-security/