How Do We Escape Computer Controlled Propaganda Flow

\0xDynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:20:34 PST 2020

> > So which do you prefer:  accountability or anonymity?  The power goes
> > both ways.  Pick one.
>
>         This is the cypherpunks mailing list? Weren't cypherpunks advocates of anonimity or something?

Geez man, can't you pick up on it when someone's trying to teach you something?

Anonymity and accountability are two contrary aims.  If you want one,
you don't get the other.  Get it?

> > >         but all those things are controlled by political power. 'information flow' is controlled by US corporations at a global scale for instance.
> >
> > No these things are not just controlled by political power.
>
>         I mean, abstract mathematics is obviously NOT controlled by political power, but all the infrastructure clearly is.

No, contrary to your anarcho-punk philosophy, all power is not held in
politics.  Much of the hardware is controlled by base economic forces
of simply wanting to get money.  Snowden is a sheep in whistleblower
clothing -- his "knowledge" of seekrit powers in tech devices is
bullshit.  There are also social forces driving things.  Unfortunately
the powers that run the world are at level 100 or so, while the people
are generally at LVL 20 or less, so they get mystified, used,
confused, and paranoid.   You've fallen under it because you don't
have mastery of the tech.  That's all.  Get a degree and become a real
expert or learn by yourself by following paths online, like the one I
put on hackerspaces.org (OneTruePath).  OR, get this, simply be
respectful to other people who HAVE done this work and learn something
from THEM.

Until then, you're just a loudmouth.

>         Point being, cryptography by itself will get you nowhere, AND cryptography is a pretty toxic tool in the hands of the political powers that control its practical application.

Cryptography by itself *has* gotten us nowhere, because nothing we
REALLY wanted to do required going against the law.  And what is it
that we REALLY want to do?  (hmm, free society, creative culture,
radical love, ....)

\0xD