Laws, Tech, "Peace"s of the Puzzle

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 04:13:52 PST 2020

On 11/9/20, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do we need?
>
> [sorry, i started writing this, but only got public-transparency out.
> can you add to it or clear it up?]
>
> ====> Productive, clear, honest discourse must be protected from disruption
>
> [laws can help provide for this]
>
> [decentralised technology can help this, by providing ways of managing
> exposure to others' behavior with anonymity and censorship resistance]
>
> [mostly this requires acting on some very clear experience-rooted
> discourse, and defense of the people able to have that discourse.]
>
> ====> Authority and government must have complete public transparency.
> Secret wars are already too much escalation of conflict.
>
> This could be done with simply laws to provide for it.
>
> This is obviously a good thing, and that is demonstrated by how it
> will emerge on its own as blockchain video/audio/data-logging
> technology grows.  Any work on on-chain video/audio/data-logging seems
> helpful to me.
>
> ====> Accountability processes must be accessible and honest.
>
> [this can also be produced with laws that improve our legal system,
> such as work near community-led restorative justice]
>
> [this also emerges on its own from blockchain technologies]

====> Even the smallest, most ignored people must be able to provide
crucial information to influence decisions.  These people are whom big
coverups land on.

====> Anybody must be able to call out problems, and have transparent
demonstration that their words are acted on.

====> The people must be able to freely interrupt the processes of a
government to effect change.  When this last resort is reached, it
clearly indicates that something important has been left out for a
long time.

[there must be a way to communicate across any boundaries]