USA 2020 Elections: Thread

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Nov 5 13:46:58 PST 2020

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 04:03:52PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> When including all candidates this became...
> > https://mielections.us/election/results/2020GEN_CENR.html
> sn 1105202042301 20201105T0500
> turn 4700688
> tot 4646928
> diff 53760
> t 2373024
> b 2200470
> diff 172554
> t .5106
> b .4735
> diff .0371
>
> sn 11052020133301 20201105T1430
> turn 5568097
> tot 5508749
> diff 59348
> t 2637173
> b 2787544
> diff -150371
> t .4787
> b .5060
> diff -.0272
>
> 60k votes sitting in the count queue, and 865k/9h levels worth
> of turnout apparently still rolling into the queue. Without analyzing
> county and other trends, which is done by pundits to some fair extent...
> making calls, or declaring or conceding, is silly and goes to the
> absurdity of it all.

The Art of Counting Votes
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-11-05/art-counting-votes

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1324093624611532800.html

https://threadreaderapp.com/user/KimStrassel

3) True, Wisconsin has same day voter registration. But to be at 71%, WI would have yesterday needed 900k same-day registrations. ( If I'm doing my math wrong--please tell me. 3,288,771 divided by 4,588,771 equals 71% . 4,588,771 minus 3,684,726 =900k)

4) Is that possible/conceivable? That would be akin to increasing WI's registered voting population by up to 30%--in one day. It would also suggest that if those same-day registrations hadn't happened, WI would have had a ridiculously LOW turnout.

5) I suppose it is possible WI's turnout was higher than 71% (again, not sure where MJS gets that). But that would be wild, given the state's own history and what we saw elsewhere yesterday. An even an 80% turnout would still require HUGE same-day registration.

7) So, more. I compared some vote totals to voter registration--by county. Nearly every county i've looked at so far--left and right--registered turnout of 89% or higher. (several at 93%) I suppose its possible--but still seems extraordinary.

8) I think high voter turnout is great, and if WI truly did this, wow. I only question it because it is so strikingly at odds with any other state.

9)One thing that makes more sense is if MSP number of 71% if referring to voting-eligible population (rather than registered voters). But still, wow--89% turnout of registered voters....