ANTIFA riot turns into MAGA dance-off!! - Karl, we're all in this together -- USA 2020 Elections: Thread

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:21:08 PST 2020

[TECHNICAL WOO]

there are a lot of posts to this list i want to catch up on.

i am working with software bridges for github issues among the
youtube-dl community.  some of the community are in contact with the
github administration (and EFF) and i'm building small weak channels
to some of the disruption influences, which become obvious when you
try to be peaceful.  The maintainers have moved to gitlab and gitea
but are leaving the situation open, which is developing every day,
slowly.

github has an archival program: https://archiveprogram.github.com/ .
In addition to deep in arctic ice, all the github event history is
publicized, but the public archives are missing data.  There are 66
thousand youtube-dl accounts with lost youtube-dl history that are
recoverable from the archives.

There is a thread at one of the forks regarding useful decentralized
tools: https://github.com/blackjack4494/yt-dlc/issues/11

It includes many different decentralized git project tools, most of
which are usable now, and 3-5 of which are in-repository bug
management systems.  At least 2 of the repository-based bug management
systems have working code to sync with gitlab and github bugs.  Gitea
is pending because gitea doesn't provide access to history in its api.

The community appears strong on reddit.  People are trying to decide
what hub to consolidate interest into in the wake of youtube-dl's
repository closure.  I'm invested because I need reliable
cryptographic decentralized tools for my situation, so I want to push
the dispersal around until it consolidates into a decentralized tool
that would give me aid if more effort developed near it.

When you hear this your people may want to be invested too: I can't know.

I'm focusing on git-bug right now, could change.  It's very hard.  I
think others have woo too.