Flynn / Kislyak transcript released - Putin ever the gentleman - Re: "total breakdown of fabric of society" - [PEACE]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri May 29 19:16:52 PDT 2020

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 08:26:35AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 06:21:24PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> >  - closed borders for Israel - the Jewish "ethno-state",
>
> Wonders never cease:
>
> Netanyahu responds to shitlording neo-narzis, hints at willingness
> to work on two-state "solution" for Israel and Palestine.
>
> Shitlords hopeful of carry through on stated intention, yet ever
> highly cautious of trusting America's current financial overlords.
>

> Netanyahu wants to work with Trump on two-state solution
> http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/netanyahu-wants-to-work-with-trump-on-two-state-solution/article/2609397
> "Palestinians know – they look at Aleppo in Syria, and they look at
> Yemen and they look at Libya and they look at other places – and they
> know that our intention is coexistence," he said on CBS' "60 Minutes."

So some folks remember Obama`s spiteful and vindictive expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats from the USA on Christmas eve (24th December) 2016, just after Trump was elected!

   Obama expels 35 Russian diplomats in retaliation for US election hacking
   https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/29/barack-obama-sanctions-russia-election-hack

      .. In a statement issued two weeks after the president said he would respond to cyber-attacks by Moscow “at a time and place of our choosing”, Obama said Americans should “be alarmed by Russia’s actions” and pledged further action.

      “I have issued an executive order that provides additional authority for responding to certain cyber activity that seeks to interfere with or undermine our election processes and institutions, or those of our allies or partners,” Obama said in the statement, released while he was vacationing with his family in Hawaii. ...

   US expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes 2 compounds
   https://www.rt.com/news/372190-us-expels-russian-diplomats/

       Thirty-five Russian diplomats have been expelled from the US, according to a statement from State Department. President Obama described those expelled as “intelligence operatives,” also announcing the closure of two Russian compounds, in New York and Maryland.

       The Russian diplomats would be given 72 hours to leave US soil. They are expelled for acting in a "manner inconsistent with their diplomatic status," the statement reads. ...

And for those who missed the memo, Putin, ever the gentlement and consummate diplomat, chose to not do a tit for tat expulsion of US diplomats:

   Putin: Russia will not expel anyone in response to US sanctions
   https://www.rt.com/news/372256-putin-diplomats-expulsion-rejects/
      .. Putin said that, unlike the Obama administration, Russia will not target foreign diplomats and their families days before New Year’s celebrations.

      “We will not forbid families and children from spending the New Year’s holidays at the places they are used to. Moreover, I invite the children of all American diplomats with accreditation in Russia to New Year’s and Christmas festivities in the Kremlin,” the Russian president said.

      Putin said he regretted that US President Barack Obama is ending his term “in such a way,” but that he extended his New Year’s congratulations to the outgoing US president and his family nevertheless.

      “I congratulate President-elect Donald Trump and the entire American people!” he concluded.

      The Kremlin said it will send a government plane to the US to evacuate the expelled diplomats and their family members. Earlier, there were reports that the diplomats were having problems buying tickets on such short notice, with airlines already booked by New Year’s travelers. ...

And now after 3.5 years of this epic "Russian Meddling" bullshit comes to a close, we get to read the transcript of incoming (Trump's) National Security Adviser Flynn's phone calls with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, showing Flynn's respectful request to 'not escalate' and instead merely respond in a 'reciprocal' manner - which Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov had earlier suggested.

Instead, and to his great credit, Putin chose to 'not take the bait' so to speak and responded with compassion and respect for the American diplomats in Russia, and did not expel any of them despite natural baying for blood.

--- tl;dr : Flynn acted consummately professionally and diplomatically, as did Kislyak, and Putin responded with grace to Obama's spiteful, petty and vindictive creation of an escalating ultimate nothing burger between the world's two nuclear superpowers.

"Nobel Peace Prize" Obama?  Please!

   EXPLOSIVE transcripts show Flynn wanted to work with Russia against ISIS, Kislyak warned Trump ‘Russiagate’ was targeting HIM
   https://www.rt.com/usa/490197-flynn-kislyak-transcripts-declassified/

      .. On January 4, 2017, FBI agent Peter Strzok – who had previously vowed to “stop” Trump from getting elected in texts with colleague and lover Lisa Page – improperly ordered the FBI background investigation of Flynn to stay open. The following day, FBI chief James Comey went to the White House and discussed investigating Flynn with Obama personally. On that same day, January 5, the president’s chief of staff sent a request to the NSA to “unmask” Flynn. All of this was revealed only a month ago, in documents presented as evidence in the trial of Flynn for allegedly lying about the calls.
      https://www.rt.com/usa/429788-fbi-agent-stop-trump/

      Russia eventually retaliated only in July 2017, when a Republican-majority Congress overrode Trump and passed a toxic sanctions bill based entirely on unsubstantiated ‘Russiagate’ claims of meddling in the presidential election. Just as Flynn feared, this would trigger a chain of “tit for tat” expulsions and closures that left both countries short of diplomatic staff – and cut off all avenues of further cooperation against IS, for peace in Syria, or anything else.
      https://www.rt.com/news/401654-us-russia-diplomatic-war/