Cryptocurrency: -- The New Social Contract

Punk-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Thu May 28 14:32:17 PDT 2020

	so, I was wrong and now stand corrected. Apparently a system based on accounts works fine. A counterargument of sorts is that keeping the whole history makes the system more robust, but it doesn't seem like the increased amount of 'security' can be clearly gauged. The costs imposed by a bloated chain on the other hand are easier to see. Something that always bothered me with chain verification is that it only makes sense if you have the 'authentic' client. So in the end the security of the whole system depends on getting the right binary, or the right sources, etc, off the arpanet...

> Remember this system is not meant to be immutable because I consider immutability a compromise on privacy.

	I'm not sure which parts are 'mutable'? I mean, yes mutability helps privacy, but I assume you don't mean the accounting can be 'mutated'?

> > > It means getting rid of criminal orgs to replace them with trustable machines that can serve us to run a public system -
> >
> > governments don't need to be replaced, simply exterminated, but ok.
>
> If, after extermination, the need they used to cover (registry, law, economy,..) is left in the wild they would rebirth again and again.

	governments don't cover legitimate needs - as criminal organizations they exist for the benefit of the criminals who compose them. Notice that you mention "economy" as some kind of 'need' 'covered' by those criminals. Under anarchy "economy" is handled by the (actual) free market.

> So replacement is more appropriate to me. but ok.
>

> > > I dont have any political bias, ZERO.
> > > I am no-wing.
> > > I don't care about classic politics or ideologies.
> >
> > that's nonsense, but ok.
>
> I dont believe in delegating my political capabilities, whatever they are, to a 3rd party, if that makes more sense.  How about you?

	I fully endorse non-delegation. We're on the same page on that regard. Sorry I wasn't clear, what I called "nonsense" is the claim of not caring about classic politics. The principle of non-delegation is part of the classic political school of anarchism.