Suggest large non-US tech/news outlets in English?

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Thu May 28 12:12:31 PDT 2020

Hi cypherpunks,

I sent out a bunch of queries today to news outlets, namely Slate,
Salon, Vice, The Atlantic, Gizmodo, Ars Technica, Wired US, Wired UK,
and Al Jazeera. To give you the general idea of the article I aim to
publish, the subject line is "Freelance pitch: Open science helps
Seattle activists overcome pandemic, Twitter exec order" and the open
science systems are Sci-Hub and GetGee, and the Seattle activists are
rentstrike, anarchist soup kitchen, etc.

Can the list please recommend for pitching any non-United States
tech/news outlets publishing in English that have medium to large
audiences? I will check dw.com and other Germany in a few.

The goal is to lodge an article into one of these venues to promote
Sci-Hub and GetGee by explaining to the public how public data systems
would help with coronavirus, with practical relatable examples like
rentstrike, Food Not Bombs, etc.

Thanks,

Doug

P.S. Yes, I know corporate media is bad, good job Chomsky, tell me
something I don't know.

P.P.S. Yes, I know you think I should use more encryption, good job
incel boomer, have you considered the downsides of broadcasting for wide
dissemination nothing but pure ciphertext? Last I checked, number
stations have yet to convince members of the public of much of anything.