Cryptocurrency: -- The New Social Contract

other.arkitech other.arkitech at protonmail.com
Wed May 27 03:18:16 PDT 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 12:59 AM, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2020 22:27:57 +0000
> "other.arkitech" other.arkitech at protonmail.com wrote:

It rather works this way: you run in your comuter the software you like to run, which would be 99% written by others.

> Likewise, being anti-commie means I have no love for the current 'private' sector since the current 'private' sector is an arm of the state (and vice versa...)

The private system I refer tu has nothing to do with the private sector ( a bunch of colluding orgs afine to gov)

The private system is instead based on private P2P secret trades.

> > > ...so this 'thing' can be used for 'public governments' or whatever half-backed political idea you promote, and it can be also used by the (fascist) private sector...
> >
> > Yes because literally this is anonymous system where anyone is alloed to participate without asking for permission, by design (aside from implementation complications like Tor defects).
> > This cannot be a reason to criticize the tech.
>
> It's a general comment. Given the outright fascist nature of the 'private' sector and the way they use computers I do wonder what sort of advantage your software can give to them.
>
> I mean, take bitcoin for instance. It's highly unlike that the 'private' banking sector would be interested in something like bitcoin since it takes away their power to counterfeit money. In general, I'd expect that the kind of software that cpunks like is the kind of sofware that the 'private' sector, aka govcorp, doesn't like.
>
> > The consensus is based on BFT.
>
> ...vague

ok. I'll be more descriptive on this one.

1.- Nodes broadcast evidences (a generalized term I used to represent transactions).
2.- All nodes are aware of all evidences
3.- verified evidences are applied in real time onto a temporary view of the 'new' state made of the current state plus a the diff they are building.
4.- At agreed timings they sign and broadcast their diff
5.- All nodes decide, based on the views of the rest, which is the legitimate diff and broadcast the hash of their delta.
6- All nodes receive the hash of the legitimate delta from the rest, and decide which delta is the legitimate based on a majority of 'votes'
6.- if the winner delta matches the one they computed they just apply the delta to the current state to produce the next state. If not they request and receive the delta from neighbours.
7- goto 3

Let me know if it is understandble.

> > It preserves no history and a 51% attack is possible during the time the network is small. That's the public system, a multi-coin account where the definition of a coin is not a chain of signatures but a utxo set, where an utxo is a Bitcoin word,
>
> what's a bitcoin word?

a word coined during bitcoin development. unspent transaction output (UTXO). The UTXO set is a concept equivalent to an accounting ledger.

Bitcoin defines a coin as a chain of signatures, which I found it a very inneficient design. An utxo is the last link of such chain.
In contrast USPS only holds the accounts, a coin is not a chain of sigs, is an entry in a database.

> > I call it boxes because files or typed information can be also stored in every account.
>
> I'm having trouble understanding what the basic functionality of the system is. You can put 'bitcoin words'(??) or files in some kind of 'account'? In the case of files, where are the files actually stored?

Think of a vault, or a typical security box used in banks to store customer's valuable items.
An account is like a transparent security box  where you can store anything: files, data structures, and where public algorithms store their data, e.g. the coin accounting.

As part of the protocol there is a lightwight implementation (fit for the purpose) of a distributed file system (DFS) -ref. e.g. IPFS-.
Every node can configure the size of disk space to be used as file storage.

> > Nodes also run a wallet with P2P protocols to trade among them in what I call the private system. Both system (the public, the private) form a closed ecosystem designed to maximize transactions, thus a system that can be used to run an aggregation of microeconomies, eventually the world-wide economy.
>
> what's that supposed to mean, "run an aggregation"? And it's way too grandiose anyway - The world economy...?

Those expressions are more like bird-eye views.

> > That's an overview and a final note on the vision.
>
> Yeah, but you gave little information regarding the actual protocol.
>
> quote from another post :
>
> "I have for many years or decades a thread running underneath about replacing governemnts by low cost machines changing the way society organizes, making everyone involved (I mean 3rd world) and rising their and our lifestyle"
>
> That raises a few red flags...
>
> As it should be well known in this list, governments are criminal organizations. So what does it mean to replace criminal organizations with 'low cost machines'??

It means getting rid of criminal orgs to replace them with trustable machines that can serve us to run a public system -

Hence..

US - PUBLIC SYSTEM

> What do you think the "3rd world" is exactly? I take it you don't live in the "3rd world"? So you're a subject of the "1st world" who is planning to 'fix' the "3rd world"? Or...?
>
> So again, as far as I'm concerned, both your political views and your un-specified protocol are...unappealing at best.

I dont have any political bias, ZERO.
I am no-wing.
I don't care about classic politics or ideologies.
I do care about personal ideas and the right to not be represented by anyone. Politicians are 3rd party actors. Unnecessary in a P2P understanding.

3rd world means people with talent who cannot afford to have a comfortable home with broadband connection.

poverty can be eradicated.

I hope this helps a bit more in the understanding of USPS.
Thanks for asking. : )