[Cryptography] Proposal for a PoS blockchain

other.arkitech other.arkitech at protonmail.com
Tue May 26 08:14:12 PDT 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:07 PM, <matbit at airmail.cc> wrote:

> On 2020-05-24 11:31, other.arkitech wrote:
>
> > I am running an idea comparable you yours:
> > http://otheravu4v6pitvw.onion/
>
> Hi, Many thanks for your offer about your network. I would like to join
> your network or maybe you help me in new network. Both are ok for me as
> long as find our intentions are same.
> I have a bunch of questions about your network’s features and structure
> and software design (is it forked?) and consensus algorithm (is it PoW?)

It is not forked. Built from scratch in C++.
It is a Byzantine Fault Tolerant algorithm.
In contrast to Po* variations of a competitive consensus mechanish. The one I invented is collaborative, allowing ALL nodes to get a payoff for the validation work done each consensus cycle (adaptable depending on the load, set to min 1 minute to save CPU/and bandwidthresources).
The security of the network is based on the number of nodes, the biggest the best.
Sybil attack is prevented with an invention based on IPv4 protocol. Allowing the homogeneous spread of the network across the surface.

IPv4 are publicly discosed, but (with the collaboration of chaff traffic included in the development roadmap) this is not a concern to privacy assunming a huge number of nodes, because all you can see is whether or not a node is running behind a paricular IP.

> and so on. I didn't find much documentation about those stuff. If you
> already have documents, please send me. BTW I write some of more
> important issues here.

For the moment, while I am coding, I discipline myself to not focus on formal documentation. All my interest is to get people involved after informal conversations. That would progressively change while approaching a release date, when All possible docs should be ready to be read.

> What is “your motivation” of establish this network? Is it just a new
> cryptocurrency or you meant for something else?

I am involved in the crypto-movement as developer of BCH, until I went for my own ideas by the beginning of 2017.
I have for many years or decades a thread running underneath about replacing governemnts by low cost machines changing the way society organizes, making everyone involved (I mean 3rd world) and rising their and our lifestyle. Which I think is very possible.
when I realized the Satoshi paper I was immediately trapped and commited to align this tech with my ever goal. So I changed my work from Aeronautics to Crypto-Finance, where I got inmersed in bitcoin-core, then I went along the BCH fork because I was in agreement with rising the block size.

> > A multi-coin platform with enhanced trading capabilities. For the shake
> > of privacy and self-managed societies.
>
> What do you mean for “multi-coin”? Is it the concept of “colored coin”

Imagine you operate USPS. You can create a Coin (MatBitCoin) becoming the mint. You control everything about it included creation and destruction of volume. That coin could well represent your own value as a worker, so you could start using it in the same way central banks control the mint optimizing their economy.
Same extended to millions would create a rich soup of value-exchanges.

> of Bitcoin or something else?
> Frankly speaking I like the idea of “privacy” and “self-managed
> societies”. Can you explain it in details?

Systems able to remove 3rd parties are threatening politics as well.
Since politicians are simply your intermediaries towards public budgets decision making.
This system models a flat society where every participant is using a node to fast interact P2P with other individuals, groups or companies

> What types of privacy practices have you implemented or added to current
> existing privacy tools, on your network? What do you intend for
> “societies”? Just some online groups, or there are something in real
> world that represent these societies? Which parameters form a society?

The world society seen as 10Billion people, 10B different mindsets, that many 'centralized systems' (a node is a centralized system itself, with the only function to execute the owner's intent and will, without any discrimination).
So the target is 10-100 Billion nodes. Then we can see on one side a  human side composed of all humans, they cannot be traced to the node they run unless they leak it), and on the other side the interaction (half public/half private) among the participants.

> Which parameters characterize a society comparing another society? What
> type of “self-management” do you mean? Only management in coins
> distributions? Or managing in consensus rules as well?

whatever we need to live without the need to have a central ruling gov that steals our power and a good fraction of the money they say we earn.

> What kind of security practices have you done for network? Except
> running a “semi-hidden” network between 49 computers that already
> compromised their IPs list, and an adversary can easily seize physically

This is my alpha deployment that doubles as testbench. It is the seed of the network.
If intead of 49 they are 10 billion, you can consider the risk of being a target negligible.
I mean if all IP addresses are public and all have a node there is no compromise at all. Obviously the network, when little, can be seen as a target. This is the risk of any birth.

To complicate a physical adversary these IP's are anywhere in the world.

> or stop them via cyberattacks (either providing greater hash power or
> simply DoS attack or blocking the IPs, or vector attack), have you
> alternate strong security guards?
> Obviously the adversaries won't let you continue if they feel the
> threat. Bitcoin succeeded, because no one paid attention to it at that
> time, and it had enough time (at least 3 years) to outgo the
> adversaries.
> I don't want to offend you, but unless you do not have a strong defense
> plan you have not chance to survive. The security strength is obviously
> depends on your money and your network’s feature. That is, if your
> network and your money is not a threat for state you won’t need that
> much defense effort, BTW there will always be competitors who are happy
> with your failure.

I trust the GNU/Linux Operating System will do a good job here.

> There are many more questions, but for sake of brevity I stop here and
> looking forward to your response.
>
> Regards
> Hu

Sincerely,