Coronavirus: Thread

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon May 18 05:19:58 PDT 2020

I found it interesting that mutual aid anarchists from Occupy were able to
reconnect around supporting the at-risk during the spread of panic in the
USA.  The national mutual aid chat (unfortunately on slack) has over a
thousand community organizers on it -- people who were forcefully dispersed
and isolated by collaborating business and government agents worldwide last
decade.  These mutual aid anarchists and other supporters of aiding those
at-risk from coronavjrus have had Signal groups running in most areas now,
focused on distributing supplies and support to people in need whenever the
need arises.

I mentioned near the start of the development the value of wearing masks.
During Occupy masks were worn for anonymity and safety and other reasons,
and laws were passed to make it illegal in my areas.  Now they are worn
everywhere.

It felt like some in power could have wanted to heal some of the harm
caused when the Occupy movement for economic freedom was disrupted.

If you're going to be e.g. surveiled for the rest of your life it's nice to
be doing something you enjoy doing during it.

I'd rather be deep in a cave eating bats and hiding from drones tho ;P