Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun May 17 23:59:04 PDT 2020

https://www.aier.org/article/the-2006-origins-of-the-lockdown-idea/

Now begins the grand effort, on display in thousands of articles and
news broadcasts daily, somehow to normalize the lockdown and all its
destruction of the last two months. We didn’t lock down almost the
entire country in 1968/69, 1957, or 1949-1952, or even during 1918.
But in a terrifying few days in March 2020, it happened to all of us,
causing an avalanche of social, cultural, and economic destruction
that will ring through the ages.
There was nothing normal about it all. We’ll be trying to figure out
what happened to us for decades hence.
How did a temporary plan to preserve hospital capacity turn into
two-to-three months of near-universal house arrest that ended up
causing worker furloughs at 256 hospitals, a stoppage of international
travel, a 40% job loss among people earning less than $40K per year,
devastation of every economic sector, mass confusion and
demoralization, a complete ignoring of all fundamental rights and
liberties, not to mention the mass confiscation of private property
with forced closures of millions of businesses?
Whatever the answer, it’s got to be a bizarre tale...