[Soul Cookie] - 'The Russians Are Coming': How East Germans Met Soviet Soldiers in 1945

Zig the N.g ziggerjoe at yandex.com
Sun May 10 06:34:27 PDT 2020

A Soul Cookie for our weary locked down covidbrains - some personal recollections of a child as The Russians were coming, and did indeed come!

   'The Russians Are Coming': How East Germans Met Soviet Soldiers in 1945
   https://sputniknews.com/interviews/202005101079256651-the-russians-are-coming-how-east-germans-met-soviet-soldiers-in-1945/

      .. The soldiers almost panicked when talking about the horrors to be expected from the Russians, always advising my mother to "flee" to the west as soon as possible. But we had no relatives or acquaintances in Germany who could shelter us. ...