Russia locks down all travel in+out of country (car, rail, pedestrian, rivers) -- Re: China virus/ COVID-19

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 29 16:09:25 PDT 2020

(Flights in and out of Russia were already shut down weeks ago, along with much of the China/Russia border.)

Beginning today (Monday 30 March 2020), Russia goes to ground - all forms of travel in and out of the country locked down, including pedestrian, waterways/ river travel, cars and trains.

   Russia to ban ALL cross-border travel over Covid-19 pandemic
   https://www.rt.com/russia/484372-russia-bans-crossborder-travel-coronavirus/

      .. Authorities said that the measure was "temporary," but provided no indication as to when frontiers will re-open.

      .. Russian truck drivers serving international routes, as well as the crews of trains and river vessels, will be able to return home.

      .. Russia has been making a large-scale effort to tackle the highly contagious disease, which included canceling all regular and charter flights in and out of the country.

Suggestion: if you have yet to make plans to "go to ground for a couple of months", now just might be the time to do so.