[Comics] [Marvel] [New Warriors] Still talking about the SJW...

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:36:59 PDT 2020

I stopped watching almost all the superhero movies. Especially to the
young, they solely convey the message that humanity's problems can only be
solved by cartoon characters. What I'd like to see are more realistic,
non-law enforcement, characters (especially Cypherpunks and Zombie
Patriots) who through technology (e.g., crypto currencies, anonymous
communications and anon prediction markets), planning, weapons and
tradecraft can right some of the world's wrongs, eliminate as many of the
corrupt and treacherous as practical, or better yet destroy the systems
that create and sustain them.

It seems Hollywood generally stays well away from this topic. The unspoken
message is that Western economic and (especially) political systems while
not perfect are as the as good as mankind is likely to get and any notion
they are not and might need major change or replacement cannot be
tolerated. About the only recent movie I am aware that crossed this rubicon
was "Law Abiding Citizen" (2009), staring Gerard Butler.