The Whole of the Moon

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 06:39:38 PDT 2020

On 17/03/2020 11:07, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

> The bad news: the UK's present policy is still to delay the epidemic
> rather than try to stop it, allowing over 60% of the population to catch
> the disease at a projected cost of 400,000 UK deaths (UK Government
> figures).

Coronavirus: UK changes course amid death toll fears

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51915302

"Change course or a quarter of a million people will die in a
"catastrophic epidemic" of coronavirus - warnings do not come much
starker than that."

So maybe we will have a chance.

Maybe. I still do not trust the Government to do the right thing, and
advisors who have been forced to change their policy often do not
implement the new policy whole-heartedly.

As to what the US state and federal Governments will do, who knows? I
hear some states are doing OK, but the federal government seems paralysed.

Unquarantined interstate travel should stop, today. Pretty sure the
National Guard could enforce that.

Peter Fairbrother