Chelsea Manning Is Ordered Released from Jail

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Mar 12 17:05:04 PDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 06:22:14PM -0400, John Young wrote:
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/us/politics/chelsea-manning-released-jail.html
>
> A Federal District Court judge overseeing the matter, Anthony J. Trenga, said
> that he also dismissed on Thursday the grand jury that Ms. Manning was
> refusing to testify before after finding that its business had concluded.
>
> "The court finds that Ms. Manning's appearance before the grand jury is no
> longer needed, in light of which her detention no longer serves any coercive
> purpose," Judge Trenga wrote.
>
> https://cryptome.org/2020/03/manning-041.pdf

A toast to Ms Manning!  Damn fine hero to many of us - absolutely staunch in her refusal to testify against Assange!

Manning, you are a literal hero and a great example for future generations of a human voluntarily choosing suffering by jail etc imposed by the empire, and to not compromise your own principles.

On behalf of the world, on behalf of Assange, and on behalf of every Soul with a spine, thank you Chelsea Manning!

Any time you're in this neck o' the woods, you're welcome to a tour of the local sights, a meal and a beer on me... I am truly grateful and humbled.

Thank you.