Any Cypherpunk there ?

таракан cryptoanalyzers at protonmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:23:34 PDT 2020

My understanding of cypherpunks is that they are/were a group of people trying to defeat evil things such as, indeed, Clearview and using their deep knowledge of cryptography to counter the use of digital technologies by a fascist power (imagine the Third Reich equipped with computers...)

Tracking/Controlling people isn't really knew but let us say there was always ... ways to escape... to find another land, another ID, where there was no question.

Think about the fictional character of Jean Valjean in "Les Misérables"(the book by Victor Hugo) ...
As a convict he wore a mark on the arm, identifying him and had his infamous condition as a former forcat noted in his passport. This doesn't prevented him to become a notable, a rich entrepreuneur named Monsieur Madeleine.

The action is at the beginning of the XIX century in Post-revolutionary France.

Now imagine the same man in ... 2020... an escaped forcat... how can he live?, how can he change his identity? How can he transfer funds? Anything he will do, any move he will make will be noticed, tracked, recorded. The law enforcement will look at him everywhere , in all possible databases and if he wants to have a new French passport "the hard way", he shall have to tamper protected memory and insert false the records inside a biometric passport, which is extremely difficult. Corruption and social enginering may not work any more and making fake French passport should involve deep knowledge of cryptography...

Who can do this? Only Cypherpunks.

It can be argued that only 'criminals' should care about changing their identity but if you are targeted by a fascist regime, getting a new ID is a question of life and death.

yet to my understanding, escaping and defeating the net which is building itself, making the world as a gigantic jail, should be the mission of cypherpunks, or to whatever organization that would succeed to them.

Imagine a real fascist power taking control of the entire planet , how much time they need to seek and destroy opponents or individuals listed as potential dangers? maybe just one hour...