Contact

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Thu Jun 25 18:54:23 PDT 2020

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 09:45:28PM -0400, Karl wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2020, 9:03 PM Greg Newby <gbnewby at pglaf.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 08:35:31PM -0400, Karl wrote:
> > > Cpunks,
> > >
> > > Many accounts were recently disabled from this list.  I just discovered
> > the
> > > situation myself and re-enabled my account.  Is the list administrator
> > able
> > > to bulk re-enable the accounts of everybody else affected, to undo this
> > > accidental censorship?
> >
> > Accidental indeed! You are right, Karl, that many had mail messages
> > disabled.
> >
> > No doubt due to my misconfiguration a week ago...
> >
> > I've now reset ALL the mailman "bounce scores," so hopefully people are
> > getting this message even if they were temporarily held. Sorry I didn't see
> > this problem earlier - I don't have mailman set to send notifications when
> > a bouncing address' email is temporarily disabled.
> >

> Greg, thank you.
>
> I'm afraid I've never administered mailman myself before: could you confirm
> that resetting the bounce scores also re-enables the accounts?

Yes, that's what it does. Or is supposed to do.

> The list sent me a notification that I was required to manually re-enable
> my account for me to receive email from it again, and I don't know whether
> you've experienced or dealt with this before yourself.

Do you mean, AFTER I sent my note above? Or before? The fix I applied was supposed to reset everyone, so nobody needs to manually reset.

Perhaps I didn't do what I thought, but it looked like all subscribers were set to again receive mail, and any previous bounces were forgotten.
 - Greg