Personal Black Box?

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 16:50:47 PDT 2020

 https://www.thedailyfodder.com/2020/06/breaking-video-cops-caught-on-video.html

BREAKING: [VIDEO] Cop CAUGHT ON VIDEO Planting Drugs On Black Suspect, Cop ANGRILY CHARGES AT People Filming Him
Daily Fodder Team-June 22, 2020
By John Paluska, Founder of The Daily Fodder
Recently, a video surfaced by Roland Martin of a Florida Cop who was PLANTING DRUGS on a handcuffed black man. The Cop simply begins nonchalantly placing the drugs next to the man:

Sadly, this isn't the first time police have been found planting drugs on innocent citizens. NowThis reported on a Florida Cop who would simply plant drugs on people he pulled over for various traffic violations. USA Today reported that the cop, Zach Wester, planted drugs on 120 suspects. Prosecutors backed him up all 120 times until bodycam footage revealed his dastardly deed. You can watch the bodycam footage for yourself:

Police nationwide need to reform themselves and stop giving cops the benefit of the doubt in most cases. If you are arrested, you must film. You must begin preparing your case for innocence. Because, without proof, cops will be believed, not you.
For many more examples of documented proof that cops plant evidence, The Marshall Project has a whole page devoted to the latest examples.
HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF FAKE NEWS!
[end of quote]Jim Bell's comments follow:I don't want people to get the impression that my _only_ interest here is "keeping the cops honest", although that is certainly a big issue.  See this video,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2S2nmmuMq8  in which a left-leaning person visits CHAZ (CHOP) that currently-occupied area in Seattle.  He's assaulted at 8:44, by masked thugs, presumably people acting as "security" for the event.    Note that his political sympathies don't save him from abuse.  I've previously mentioned the incident in Portland Oregon where rioters assaulted Andy Ngo.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzMZxT-41k About a year ago.  "Conservative writer Andy Ngo roughed up at Portland antifa/right wing protests"And:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFgBAkedDug      "Live Streamer's Camera Stolen During 2nd Night of Shooting at 'CHAZ' ".  No doubt there are plenty of examples available on YouTube and Facebook of this kind of thuggery.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfp0HhKBtIo    "Antifa ‘harass’ elderly couple outside US event".Videos such as this are common, simply because these days just about everybody has a video recording studio in his pocket:  His smartphone.  But these kinds of videos would likely be far more common if people felt confident enough to do this recording everywhere and anywhere, and at anytime.  As you can see from some of these videos, the thugs (both police thugs, as well as non-police thugs) frequently see someone with a cell-phone camera as a "threat", which is in a sense what they are, TO THEM!  But not an illegitimate threat:  Simply a risk that someone will record the bad guy.                Jim Bell

    On Sunday, June 21, 2020, 11:17:28 PM PDT, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

  Jim Bell's comments inline:
    On Sunday, June 21, 2020, 12:51:29 AM PDT, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

 >> wonderful quality, but the data-storage and data-transmission systems need
>> to be kept proportionally larger.

>Rental video tapes were acceptable quality too, under 200k pixels.
Today 4K (8.3M pix) at 10-bit per pixel color does not mean people
need it. Maybe people trade color for good optic resolution or
bandwidth reduction, etc. At least where such knobs can be made.
I'm not advocating using (solely) the highest resolutions, but having noticed that the hardware exists (4K 360-degree, stereoscopic cameras) I want to see if the rest of the components and data transmission rates can support that hardware.  So far, it appears that data transfer rate will do this quite well.
My initial idea for a "personal black box", about 2 years ago, merely anticipated a smartphone, saving enough data over cell data to ensure that it survives in case of an attack.  The Vuze+ is on the other extreme in terms of video performance.  There are probably a number of middle-grounds:  A camera in front, and behind.

>In a situation, you don't get a timeout to swapout full cards,
find better wifi hotspot peers, etc.
That's true.  I hope that the camera hardware can be set, by software, to have a variable resolution.  Maybe HD resolution (rather than 4K), for example.  I think there are SD-cards up to 1 terabytes.   (Many of which, on Amazon, are fake...)

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi

>WiFi has some specs on the tin, but speeds in real
deployed practice is going to be less.

Yes, I know that the bands are going to be shared among all those present.  But there might not be much competition for WiFi during a demonstration, compared to the competition for 3G, 4G, or 5G data.    Are there apps/utilities which can measure useage/non-useage of WiFi at any given location?

>Another example of available camera modules
are inside security cameras... alibaba, ebay...
many have numerous embedded compression levels,
some TLS, ONVIF standard, ethernet power, WiFi/Cellular etc.
All from China OEMs that can custom whatever people
want for the right price. Backdoors free with all ClosedSource.

resolutions could be adjusted dynamically, I suppose.  My understanding is that a 4K video can be compressed to 'about' 3 gigabytes/hour of data, but that doesn't tell us how much CPU time is needed to do that in real-time.
I am doing a google search for:   '4k video compression real-time' but I haven't read more than a few results yet.
One result:  https://www.ntt-review.jp/archive/ntttechnical.php?contents=ntr201807sr2.html    A system which was new in 2015.  And:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Efficiency_Video_Coding

>>> mutual-data-backups:  Cameraman A B

>>Two person teams are fairly common in the journo/activism space.

>Any project would want to interview some wide ranges
of potential customers to determine / propose what
might actually be useful in a new product.
There will be plenty of variability when the various kinds of camera systems are considered.

              Jim Bell