Torsocks Errors

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jun 18 19:45:03 PDT 2020

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 10:03:24PM -0700, Se7en wrote:
> I am unable to torify my fetchmail anymore, because Torsocks prevents
> setguid programs from running, which does not interfeer with fetchmail
> but does interfeer with procmail.
>
> Does anyone know a solution? I am still able to send torified, but am
> unable to recieve torified via pop3 and I do not want to continue this
> behavior.

Don't have experience to assist with TorSocks problems, but dude! You really neet to ditch fetchmail - it is so unbelievably slow in comparison to anything newer it's not funny.

I've been using mpop for years, but it's oddly enough limited to POP accounts.

It's on the agenda to upgrade to getmail, which is maintained by the ever pleasant and supportive Osamu Aoki :)  (He's on the Debian-user list.)

Do yourself one massive favour and spend 20 minutes to read the manpage of either and configure that pony man :D

Feel free to ask any questions of course.

Once you've got that puppy under your belt, and comfortable, then it's a small step to upgrade your filtering (though not such a small step psychologically perhaps...)

On that front, sieve is a world apart - it's modern, compiled from a simple plain text config file - it's just world's of "better".  Happy to assist here too ... just holler.