Whether To Design Open Source Public Records Equipment

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:05:52 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020, 6:34 PM Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 18:25:25 -0400
> Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > For transparency, I personally believe that open source surveillance
> > technology would increase privacy.
>
>         surveillance increases privacy. War is peace. And it's true
> because it's patently absurd.

When I think of making peace, I might consider acting to reduce conflict,
as a great fight.

> I'm trying to understand our
> > disagreement, in emailing with you.
>
>         then read what I fucking write.
>

> > So you are furious and need understanding and carefulness around how
> > dangerous surveillance is?
>
>         I need 'understanding and carefulness'? wut?

I'm not being clear.  I think I've been upsetting you too, something I do
not want to do.  I'm a little crestfallen over the difficulty communicating.

I think I understand that you know surveillance is stimulating severe
danger these days, and that you are very, very concerned around the idea of
us building recording devices.  We need to protect our privacy and safety,
and we need to defend that those are protected.  Am I on the right page
here?