handling false dichotomies - build something new

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jun 4 18:16:47 PDT 2020

tl;dr build something new

   Ideas For Righteous Revolution - Deeper Into The Fourth Turning, We Go
     Adam Taggart via PeakProsperity.com,
   https://www.peakprosperity.com/ideas-for-righteous-revolution/
   https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ideas-righteous-revolution-deeper-fourth-turning-we-go

      .. I’m by no means an experienced revolutionary, so take everything that follows with a massive boulder of salt. But watching the nightly riots raises the question: Is there a more effective way to create positive societal change?

      .. Ideas For A Righteous Revolution

      1. Boycotting The Big Banks ..

      2. Living Debt-Free ..

      3. Converting The Media ..

      4. Exposing The Villains ..

      .. The above are just ideas. None of them is a silver bullet. There may be, and probably are, many better ones out there for the righteous revolutionary to adopt.

      The point of this piece is to demonstrate that there are effective options for protest and rebellion that don’t require bloodshed, looting and property damage. And that may prove materially more effective than confrontation in the streets at resulting in positive change.

      But whatever tactics are ultimately pursued, it’s key to have an ideological platform underlying the revolution. You can’t just be “against” the current order; you need to stand “for” a constructive vision or set of principles for doing things better.

      As Buckminster Fuller said:

         “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”

      .. We have warned for years in our writing here at PeakProsperity.com that we are all now well into a Fourth Turning, where the old order breaks down and a new one, often violently, replaces it.
      https://www.peakprosperity.com/neil-howe-the-predictable-creative-destruction-of-the-fourth-turning/

      .. Our general advice to concerned individuals is to prioritize staying safe and reducing your vulnerability profile to crime and violence. That remains the case.
      https://www.peakprosperity.com/video-personal-safety-home-security-pp-seminar/

      ..