what is "Herd Immunity"?

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Jul 31 17:27:22 PDT 2020

On 07/31/2020 03:21 PM, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 19:05:51 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> VOMITED:
>
>>   As long as there are people willing to volunteer to take the risk of getting vaccinated with these new COVID-19 vaccine candidates, I think society should take up their offer.
>
> 	yes, Jim. 'society' should... - wait, you've now reached the latest stage of collectivistic fascism eh? You now think 'society' is an agent?

I agree that "society" is vague. In most places, it means "governments",
given that they regulate vaccine testing, and typically need to
jawbone/bribe pharmaceutical firms to develop vaccines (which are
usually not very profitable, and litigation magnets).

But I suppose, in your happy anarchy, it could mean whatever cabrón
develops some vaccine.

<snip>