[dos at dosowisko.net: Re: [Tinkerphones] "We don't control our lives" - smartphones - tinkerphones - debian on smartphones]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Jul 29 16:25:02 PDT 2020

fyi

----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <dos at dosowisko.net> -----

From: Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <dos at dosowisko.net>
To: Tinkerphones Community <community at tinkerphones.org>
Cc: CypherPunks <cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 18:46:09 +0200
Subject: Re: [Tinkerphones] "We don't control our lives" - smartphones -
 tinkerphones - debian on smartphones

Hi,

just for the record - the Debian wiki pages you have linked to are
rather outdated and not really relevant anymore.

Current efforts around running Debian on mobile phones (such as Librem
5 and PinePhone) are concentrated around DebianOnMobile team, which
includes people working on PureOS and Mobian pushing their stuff to
Debian upstream.

Recent weeks brought massive progress and Purism's Phosh environment
is now on its way to Debian Testing.

See:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/internet/2020/MiniDebConfOnline?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=DebianOnMobile.pdf

https://salsa.debian.org/DebianOnMobile-team