Personal Black Box?

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 13:44:06 PDT 2020

The following article alleges many things.  I think most, and maybe all of them are true.  But the problem is that the victims of these incidents cannot readily prove these claims, simply because records (video and audio) are not sufficiently-completely kept.
https://www.revolver.news/2020/07/antifa-attacks-michelle-malkin-denver/
Partial quote follows:

"What these “tough guys” [conservatives advocating Michelle Malkin bring weapons] don’t understand is that in 2020 America, American patriots demonstrating in favor of the police do not enjoy equal protection under the law compared to violent Antifa paramilitary operatives. Indeed, Malkin points out that unlike the overweight female Antifa member in question, if Malkin had displayed a weapon she would have been arrested and thrown in jail.

The general principle involved is known as “Anarcho-Tyranny.” Antifa and BLM operatives are granted the license to loot, destroy, and visit violence upon ordinary Americans, and the police will look the other way. Yet, the second that ordinary Americans begin to defend themselves, law enforcement, generally at the behest of an Antifa-aligned District Attorney, will throw the full force of the United States Justice system at them. In other words, anarchy and no rules for Antifa, tyranny and maximal restrictions for Americans who dare to resist.

The security forces will allow Antifa to attack Americans, but will arrest Americans who dare to defend themselves.
That is the “rule of law” in 2020 America.

The conclusion near the 16:54 timestamp is especially poignant, with Malkin concluding that one “cannot rely on the police.” The only people who can rely on the police in many of these situations, it seems are the Antifa aggressors themselves.

 [end of partial quote]

[Further partial quote]

REVOLVER NOTE:
As disturbing as this incident is, it is entirely in keeping with our earlier analysis of Antifa:
> It is also important to note that despite their [Antifa-style groups] stated self-concept, such groups are NOT truly subversive in the sense of undermining the interests of the ruling class. Middle-class America, and particularly white middle-class America, remains the single force with the expectations and organizational capacity to stand in the way of the corrupt ruling class’ plans for total, full spectrum hegemony over the population. What these groups like BLM and Antifa are doing are increasingly acting as a genocidal paramilitary force on behalf of the corrupt ruling elite to neutralize this last remaining impediment to ruling class control.
> These groups are ugly, evil, dangerous, and destructive—but they are NOT fundamentally subversive. The subversive Americans are the emerging elite who dare to speak up against the ruling class and are brutally silenced for it.
Indeed, Antifa is not, properly speaking, a group of violent thugs, and they are certainly not the “university snowflakes” that many delusional but well-meaning conservatives like to dismiss them as. The reality is much darker. Antifa functions as a paramilitary force for the corrupt ruling class that controls the United States of America.
Read our coverage on how Antifa and BLM strategically used “peaceful protestors” to take over Minneapolis. Michelle Malkin was kind enough to mention this Revolver News piece in a recent Newsmax interview.
UPDATE: DENVER POLICE NOW ADMITTED THEY STOOD DOWN TO ALLOW ANARCHY TO PROCEED

[end partial quote]

Jim Bell's comments follow:

In part, my advocacy for making available a device which I call a "Personal Black Box" is to allow people to document misbehavior by cops.  Nevertheless, I think it is equally important for people to be able to document misconduct by protestors/rioters.  Above, there is a statement:

"The reality is much darker. Antifa functions as a paramilitary force for the corrupt ruling class that controls the United States of America."

Indeed, there is a historic parallel:  The "Brownshirts".

 "The Sturmabteilung (SA; German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] (listen)), literally Storm Detachment, was the Nazi Party's original paramilitary wing. It played a significant role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Its primary purposes were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies, disrupting the meetings of opposing parties, fighting against the paramilitary units of the opposing parties, especially the Red Front Fighters League (Rotfrontkämpferbund) of the Communist Party of Germany (KPD), and intimidating Romani, trade unionists, and, especially, Jews – for instance, during the 1933 Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses."

I think people should be able to document these kinds of incidents, as well.
                Jim Bell