Enigma code-breaking machine rebuilt at Cambridge

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed Jul 22 00:32:28 PDT 2020

On 07/21/2020 12:31 AM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:

<snip>

> I do cry all the times when I think about Turing...  It was my way to say I
> still remember his tragic life and suicide, even after breaking codes...
> Governments are killers.

Have you read Rudy Rucker's _Turing and Burroughs_?[0]

Turing survives an assassination attempt by the British government, and
flees to Tangier. He meets Burroughs at a party, and they become lovers.
Turing soon manages to turn them both into giant telepathic slugs, which
can shape-shift back into human form. Then they emigrate to the US, and
visit Burroughs' parents. After a visit to Mexico City, where they
reanimate Joan Vollmer, they infiltrate the Los Alamos test site, and
then things get really exciting.

0) https://libgen.is/fiction/EB3833D6665756D12DBA68F3C7D22C24