"Here's What 75 Preppers Learned During The Lockdown" -- Re: Australian's being prepped for total lockdown, no more freedom of movement

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jul 17 07:38:09 PDT 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 01:30:47PM +0000, таракан wrote:
> Preppers it's like the sandwich without the sauce, the bread etc... as a matter of fact just the 'raw' idea.
>
> Here is lacking a political description of what the 'lockdown' is and what it represents and in fact there is need for a meta-political explanation, more in terms of science, technology, social changes and probably, biology.
>
> The core question is: how to resist to it? How to organize ourselves against it ? etc... laziness & lack of imagination seems the rule here.

Now dang!  That's some tough questions!

What is important is an individual thing I guess - given that so far at least, covid prep has only been for the need to handle the stupidity of others ("How much toilet paper do you need for a respiratory virus").

Still, the uncertainty of gov. and possible despotism on our doorstep does not rule out "food and water for basic survival" - we in Oz reportedly have the army locking down the border between Victoria, the state I live in, and New South Wales, just a few hours North.  Perhaps a practice run for bigger things to come - who knows?

Where/which/how/what is a life worth living?

Perhaps in the bosom of Google, from the gradle to the grave?  All tech needs back doors, since most tech is used against us, so Code Wisely muffas :)

As a human, life and love outdoors, under the sun, under the stars, resplendent before our creator and grateful in our existence.

Some of the "wild West frontier" novels of yore get into the heart of this... the vastness and glory of nature, the crushing defeats, the redemption and upliftment.

Camraderie, the journey with more than self at some point.  Without mateship, real friendship, companionship, intimacy, we can truly be said to miss part of the journey of a life worth living.  However flawed, we must live and love and die inside infinitely small and unworthy, to be born again, ride again, love again.

Thank you for your question.